We all want to freshen things up every now and then but who really has the money to changes things up so often. Giving your space a new look does not have to be a costly endeavor. There are many ways to incorporate new cost effective changes to improve your living space.
1. A Fresh Coat of Paint Never Hurt- One of the most cost effective changes you can make to your home is a fresh coat of paint. The tricky part comes down to choosing which colour paint to use. My suggestion would be to go neutral on the walls, because with a neutral colour pallet it is easy to incorporate pops of colour in the decor.
2. Rearranging the Furniture Layout- Sometimes the simplest changes can be the most effective. When moving your furniture around consider the flow and function of the room. Start with the focal piece of the room whether it be the an architectural feature, like a fireplace or a piece of furniture. Use that as your starting point and begin staging items around the feature piece.
3. Pops of Colour- With neutral walls you are able to change out decor pieces throughout the year to match the season without worrying whether or not it will match. Throw pillows and blankets are an excellent way to incorporate new colours into a space. Art work and accent pieces are another cost effective way in add that pop of colour you are looking for.
4. Changing out Old Hardware- While this change can be costly it can be the eye catching improvement your home needs. Door handles, kitchen knobs, and light switches are used many times a day and often fade and tarnish over time. Switching out and plastic white light switch cover for a brush nickel or a bronze finish can give you home a whole new look. Same goes for your door handles and kitchen cabinet hardware.
5. Update Kitchen and Bathrooms- Your kitchen is the heart of your home. Many times the kitchen is where the family congregates and memories are made. Is your kitchen inviting? Do you enjoy spending time in there? If the answer to no don't worry there are changing that can be made without breaking the bank. First off cabinets can be painted and hardware can be changed without changing the entire footprint of the kitchen. The same goes for your bathroom. Updating the finish on the existing cabinet and replacing the hardware for something fresh and new can give the space a whole new look.